BPA Plastic Alternatives
When looking for alternatives to plastic or non BPA containers, one must look at traditional materials that were used before the invention of plastic. The properties of plastic have made it a cheap alternative to traditional materials such as steel, wood and glass that were used to store food and drink. Traditional alternatives to plastic are more esthetically pleasing, durable, and BPA free. Any of the following BPA plastic alternatives are food-safe, BPA-free, PVC-free, phthalates-free. Choose plastic pthalates substitutes when storing food and drink. Green plastic alternatives will allow you to live a plastic free life with safe alternatives to Bisphenol A.
BPA Free Plastic Alternatives
- Ceramics and Pottery Ceramics and pottery are great for tableware, mixing bowls, salad bowls, serving dishes and storage containers. Ceramic bowls and pottery kitchenware can be stunning to look at. In fact, some of the most beautiful kitchens are decorated with beautiful pottery and ceramics. Choose beautiful colors and make artwork out of your kitchen decor. BPA free bowls can really add beauty to your kitchen.
- Stainless Steel Stainless steel is one of the best plastic alternatives. Stainless steel is safe, durable and most importantly, BPA free. Buy stainless steel pots and pans, mixing bowls and kitchen utensils. Store uncooked foods such as coffee, flour, rice, pastas and sugar in stainless steel containers.Stainless steel water bottles are the best alternative to plastic. Choose wide mouth food grade stainless steel water bottles for a non Bisphenol water bottle, and buy a stainless steel water dispenser.
- Glass Choose glass as an alternative to plastic kitchenware. Glass is great for drinking glasses, mixing bowls, and food storage because they are non BPA containers. Glass appliances such as blenders and coffee makers offer a great alternative to plastic. Pyrex glassware is excellent for cooking both on the stove and in the oven. Pyrex glassware is also microwave safe. Glass baby bottles are another plastic alternative. Quality glass baby bottles are available through reputable companies like Evenflo, Dr. Brown’s and BornFree.
- Wood and Bamboo Wood and bamboo are natural, traditional materials. They are a wonderful alternative to plastic chopping boards, salad bowls, utensils and storage containers. Traditional woods and bamboo are safe, practical and durable. Elements of nature such as wood and bamboo can add beauty to any space. Bamboo kitchenware is made from molded bamboo fiber. Bamboo is a natural and flexible material that will add warmth to any kitchen. In fact, chop sticks are often made from bamboo. Bamboo bowls, bamboo utensils and cutting boards are yet another safe alternative to plastic.
- Silicone BPA free silicone is a non-toxic material that is nonstick, and heat-resistant. Silicone may look like plastic but it is not plastic at all. Silicone kitchen products include spatulas, baking cups, baking mats, ice cube trays, heat-resistant oven gloves and more. Invest in a silicone kitchen utensil set, silicone matts and mitts for safe alternatives to Bisphenol A.